Always the favorite appetizer at holiday get-togethers! Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 lb chicken livers
- add 1/4 cup melted margarine
- add 1 tablespoon red wine
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 hard-cooked egg whites
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 medium onion
- Saute chicken livers and onions in melted margarine until livers are cooked through and onions are soft.Season with salt and pepper.While cooking livers, hard-boil two eggs.
- Pour liver/onion/margarine mixture into blender.Add wine and two hard-cooked eggs, discarding yolks, into blender.Blend until smoothe.Place in serving dish and chill at least an hour.Mixture will be very creamy.
- Recipe can be doubled, but do not double salt and pepper.Preparation time does not include chilling time.