A good substitute for candied sweet potatoes. Be very careful when you are peeling or cutting a rutabaga. They are a beast to handle.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream
- add 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 3 packets splenda artificial sweetener
- add 3 medium rutabagas
- Cooking the rutabagas in lightly salted water until just soft (about 15 to 20 minutes depending on slice size).
- Mix the rutabagas, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and cream with half of the butter until smooth with an electic mixer.
- Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish and smooth the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes and melt the remaining butter and set aside.
- After the 30 minutes, sprinkle the pecans over the top and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.