Trust me- you won't miss the salt in these crackers. I have no idea where I got this recipe, but these are sooo good. I love them. I have no idea what to compare the taste to; so you'll just have to try it yourself and find out! :]
- add 3 tablespoons sugar substitute or sugar
- add 1/2 cup olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- add 1/2 cup wheat germ
- add 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (I just used old-fashioned..)
- add 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- add 2/3 cup water
- In medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients. Add water and oil. Using rubber spatula stir until dough forms. Gather dough into a ball. Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out each dough half to a 14 inch square. Cut each square into 3 1/2 inch squares, then cut each smaller square diagonally in half to form triangles. You may have to add a little water in every now and then if it gets too dry. Place triangles, 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets; cool on racks. Store in airtight container. Makes 64 crackers.