This recipe for Macaroni Cheese is SUPER QUICK to make, and soooooooo delicious too!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 can tomato paste
- add 1 (400 g) can tomatoes
- add 1 (300 g) package macaroni
- add 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- add 1 teaspoon butter or margarine or olive oil
- add 1 large onion
- add salt & freshly ground black pepper
- add 4 teaspoons cornflour (mixed to a paste with a small amount of water)
- add 2 cups milk
- Make the CHEESE SAUCE: Put the cheese and milk in a pan and heat.
- As soon as it starts to rise, add the cornflour (mixed to a paste with a little water).
- Stir until thick.
- Now make the TOMATO SAUCE: Fry the onion until brown.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer gently.
- Add herbs and spices, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook 1 300g packet of Macaroni in the usual way.
- Layer the Macaroni, Cheese Sauce, and then the Tomato Sauce in a casserole dish- (I usually finish with a layer of Macaroni, though it doesn't really matter what layer you finish with).
- Top with grated cheese and bake at 180'C (350'F) until brown on top (approximately 20 minutes) VOILA.