This recipe for Prime Rib works every time, no matter the size, thus the word "magic." I have relied on it for holiday dinners and special occasion meals for 25 years. It really gives the chef a lot of wiggle room to make the rest of the meal. It does take 2 1/2 hours of oven time. And it does work! I have the butcher debone then retie it for the best flavor.(A 3-lb roast seves 4-6 at our house.)
- add 1 boneless beef roast or prime rib roast
- Cooking time = 2 1/2 hours EXACTLY.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season the roast to your taste, (I use Johnny's Dock), place on rack and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for exactly 1 hour. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE COOKING PROCESS!
- Turn oven OFF for exactly 1 hour.
- Then turn oven on at 400 F for half an hour.
- Let roast stand for 15 minutes or so to let juices redistribute before carving. Roast will be juicy and pink without failure. The size of the roast doesn't matter. It works!