This recipe is from the RSVP section of Bon Appetit magazine from the Zenith American Grill, Denver, CO. It is really good, and other seafood, such as swordfish can be substituted.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups chicken stock
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- add 1/2 cup chicken stock
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 3 tablespoons brandy
- add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1/3 cup whipping cream
- add 2 teaspoons olive oil
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons four peppercorn blend
- add 12 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- add 2 medium russet potatoes
- For RISOTTO:.
- Combine potatoes, stock, wine and garlic in medium nonstick skillet over high heat.Boil until almost all liquid evaporates and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.Mix in Parmesan cheese and butter.Season with salt and pepper.(Can be made 2 hours ahead.Let stand at room temperature).
- FOR FISH:.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.Season fish on both sides with salt and half of peppercorns.Add to skillet; cook 5 minutes per side.Transfer skillet to oven and bake fish until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plate.Tent with foil to keep warm.Place same skillet over medium heat.Add brandy and boil 30 seconds, (mixture may ignite).Add stock, cream and remaining crushed peppercorns and boil until reduced to 1cup, about 5 minutes.Remove from heat and whisk in 1 Tablespoon butter.Season to taste with salt.
- Meanwhile, rewarm risotto over low heat.Divide between 2 plates.Top with fish and spoon sauce over.