I found this in our newspaper. It 's very similar to other recipes. I made it for our Super Bowl party and it was a hit. I made 1/3 of this recipe. We had Chinese food the other day, so I used the little packets for this recipe :)
- add 1/2 cup honey
- add 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- add 3/4 cup chinese plum sauce
- add 6-7 lbs chicken wings
- add 3/4 cup dry sherry
- add 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- add 6 cloves garlic
- add 18 green onions
- In a 3 quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except wings.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 min.
- Let cool.
- Split wings and discard tips, pour cooled sauce over wings and refrigerate overnight.
- Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Preheat to 375 degrees.
- Oil 2 large shallow roasting pans.
- Drain wings, and bake uncovered 1-1 1/2 hours, basting every 20 mins.
- with remaining sauce and turn to brown evenly.
- Switch pans halfway through cooking.
- Let wings cool and wrap and store for up to 3 days.
- Serve at room temperature.