I found this recipe in a circular a long time ago and have adapted it over time. Can?t remember which part of it is part of the original and what parts are my additions. This is a quick and easy side that perks up a basic grilled chicken breast or as a companion to tortilla chips. Sometimes I will top a bed of greens with leftover grilled chicken and this salsa for an easy and flavorful lunch.
- add 1/2 jalapeno
- add 4 tablespoons red onions
- add 1 mango
- add 2-3 slices sweet red peppers, diced into 1/4 inch pieces (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- add 1 lime, juice of
- add 1 large cucumber
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in fridge for an 30 minutes or more.This will keep one or two days if it lasts that long.
- I like to add the red pepper -- mostly for color.It just looks so lovely with the bright orange of the mango.