This makes a pretty spring birthday cake.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/3 cups sugar
- add 1 cup milk
- add 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- add 1/2 cup nuts
- add 4 egg whites
- add 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- add 1/2 cup shortening
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 16 maraschino cherries
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake pans.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and flavoring. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add another 1/3 cup milk and unbeaten egg whites. Beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour cake batter into prepared cake pan(s).
- Frost with your favorite white frosting using cherry juice for liquid called for in recipe.
- Decorate with stems on maraschino cherries.