I love marinated artichoke hearts, so why not make them ourselves and save money? I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I will soon.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup lime juice
- add 1/2 cup lemon juice
- add 2 slices lemons, rind of
- add 2 cups artichoke hearts
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 slices lime peel
- add 1 cup salad oil (I use olive oil)
- Place artichoke hearts and salt in a saucepan containing about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until slightly tender.
- Pack in pint jars.
- Place a sliver of lemon and lime in each jar.
- Combine the oil, juices and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour immediately over the artichoke hearts and seal.
- Place caps on jars.
- Process for 20 mins.
- in a water bath canner.