This has a nice Middle Eastern flavor and is very simple to make and just requires a few hours to marinate to blend the flavors. Goes great as a side dish or stuffed into halves of warmed pita bread.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 scallions
- add 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- add 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- add 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- add 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- add 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- add 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- add 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- add 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- add 2 teaspoons za'atar spice mix (optional)
- add 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chickpeas, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, feta, scallions, and parsley into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
- In another small bowl, mix together vinegar, mint, z'atar (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking to blend.
- Add dressing to salad and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight (best), to blend flavors.
- Serve chilled.