My boyfriend's mother made this appetizer over Christmas and it was phenomenal, I couldn't stop eating them...who knew water chestnuts could make meatballs so good!!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add meatballs:
- add 2 cups soft bread crumbs (2.5 slices)
- add 1/2 cups milk
- add 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- add 1 tbs soy sauce
- add 1/4 tsp onion powder
- add 1 1b beef round, ground
- add 1/2 lb ground sausage
- add 1 6 oz can water chestnuts, chopped
- add Dipping sauce:
- add 1 jar currant jelly
- add same amount of ketchup as jelly
- Mix all meatball ingredients together and oll into walnut size balls. Place in rimmed cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Can be frozen at this point when cool.
- For the sauce, blend ingredients and heat slowly.