This recipe comes from the Indian state of Uttaranchal. A good curry for weekday cooking. Watched this today on a cookery show and tried it immediately as I had all the ingredients.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons garlic
- add 1 1/2 cups water
- add 1 teaspoon chili powder
- add 2 medium onions
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add 600 g meat
- add 2 medium tomatoes
- add 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Grind to a paste the garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
- Heat the oil in a vessel.
- Add the onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the ground paste and saute till the raw smell goes (around 2 mins) Add the tomatoes and cook till they are totally incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the meat pcs.
- Mix well and then add the water.
- Put a heavy lid on the vessel and cook for half an hour.
- (In the program they sealed the vessel to the cover with prepared dough and cooked for 1/2 an hour till the dough dried out- this is dum cooking) I just cooked it normally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with wedges of lime.