This is fabulous for "Mexican Stack" which is great for a large get-together such as a football party or a church group as it serves a lot of people inexpensively. A Mexican Stack consists of most ingredients being served separately and each person is able to pick and choose what they want to put on their plate. The food line begins with a base such as rice or tortilla chips, then topped with meat and beans (this recipe), cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, etc. Have a party and let each person bring something different for the Stack! It's fun and everyone gets something that they like. I got this from a friend at church.
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 28 ounces ranch style beans or pinto beans
- add 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add 3 large onions
- add 3 tablespoons chili powder
- add 2-3 teaspoons garlic salt
- add 3 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes
- add 4 lbs ground beef
- Brown meat and onion.
- Drain grease.
- Add other ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.