This a good way to use up your leftovers. My Mom made this up once when I was young. The browning time is an estimate for I have never timed it myself.
- 1/2 cup celery
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk or meat stock
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2 tablespoons green peppers
- 1 cup cooked beef, diced or cooked pork or other meat
- 6 refrigerated biscuits or homemade biscuits
- 3 tablespoons onions
- Slowly brown onion, pepper, celery and meat in the butter, stirring constantly.
- Add flour slowly, stirring constantly, until brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except biscuits.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Pour into a shallow, well-oiled baking dish.
- Cover with biscuits.
- Bake in hot oven, about 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.