This a good way to use up your leftovers. My Mom made this up once when I was young. The browning time is an estimate for I have never timed it myself.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup celery
- add 4 tablespoons butter
- add 2 cups milk or meat stock
- add 4 tablespoons flour
- add 1/2 cup carrots
- add 2 tablespoons green peppers
- add 1 cup cooked beef, diced or cooked pork or other meat
- add 6 refrigerated biscuits or homemade biscuits
- add 3 tablespoons onions
- Slowly brown onion, pepper, celery and meat in the butter, stirring constantly.
- Add flour slowly, stirring constantly, until brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except biscuits.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Pour into a shallow, well-oiled baking dish.
- Cover with biscuits.
- Bake in hot oven, about 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.