For spaghetti, lasagna, or casseroles Cook up this large amount and you'll have lots left over to freeze.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste (2 2/3 cup)
- add 2 tablespoons vinegar
- add 2 cups onions
- add 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- add 2 tablespoons parsley
- add 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- add 9 cups canned tomatoes
- add 1 tablespoon oregano
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 green pepper
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- add 5 lbs ground chuck
- chop the onions, green peppers, and parsley.
- brown beef,onions,and green pepper. drain.
- Including the juice from the canned tomatoes, add all of the ingredients.
- bring to boil stirring so it won't stick.
- turn down and simmer.
- stirring occasionally until thick as you like it.
- I have used blanched and peeled tomatoes in place of the canned ones.