My grandmother used to make these every friday night with a big plate of spaghetti.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon minced onions
- add 1-1 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- add 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 3/4 lb ground turkey or hamburger
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 3/4 lb ground pork
- in a large mixing bowl add the meat and blend together with your hands.
- Add the onion, parsley, pepper, and garlic salt, mix again with your hands until all the seasonings are well blended with the meat.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until well scrambled add to the meat.
- While mixing in the egg add the bread crumbs 1/2 cup at a time until the meat begins to feel slightly firm.
- Form the meat into 1 1/2" balls with your hands.
- Gently place in cooking pan so that the meatballs are close but not touching.
- Cook in pre-heated oven@ 450* for 10 mins or untill browned.
- The meatballs will not be fully cooked yet.
- Add to your favorite sauce and simmer for 1 hour. ( I usually use my grandmother's sauce recipe, since this was her meatball recipe.I posted it under Spaghetti Sauce #79000 for anyone who would like it.)