Restaurants call this delicious dip chili pepper and cheese dip. Serve with tacos or nachos. This recipe was modified with the gracious help from mama's kichen.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or Monterey Jack)
- add 3-4 garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- add 1 cup beer
- add 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring beer to boil in medium saucepan, reduce heat to low. Add cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining cheese - but do not boil!
- Stir in the chiles, crushed garlic or garlic powder cilantro and seasoning. Pour into a warmed serving bowl.
- Before serving you can put the dip under a broiler to brown the top giving it a nice crust.
- Sprinkle with jalopenos and drizzle with taco sauce. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or keep warm in an oven.