Make sure that you serve this dip with lots of tortilla chips. If you serve this at your next get together, your guests will never want to leave, as long as there is this dip around, it is awesome! This recipe makes about 3 cups, so you might want to double the recipe. Non-alcoholic beer can be purchased at any large food chain.
- add salt and pepper
- add tortilla chips
- add 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (about 1/2 cup)
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add taco sauce
- add 4 cups Mexican blend cheese (I use Sargento brand for this)
- add 1 cup non-alcoholic beer
- add 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and flour.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan bring the beer to a boil; reduce heat and add in the cheese/flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining cheese mixture, stir until thickened DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in chiles, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Immediately pour the mixture into a glass 8-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with taco sauce.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven.