This is a great crockpot recipe to serve on a cold winter day. I serve it with a little grated cheese to put on top and cornbread. This will put some pep in your step!!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup chunky salsa (I use Pace)
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
- add 2 tablespoons chili powder
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 cup onions
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme or beef broth
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
- add 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- Dredge the beef with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown beef.
- Stir often.
- Place beef, onion, beans, corn, consome, salsa, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until beef is done.
- You may also cook it on high for 4-5 hours if you are pressed for time.