Good side dish to a Mexican entree.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large jalapeno
- add 4 garlic cloves
- add 30 ounces black beans
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- add fresh lime juice
- add fresh cilantro
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, chili and cumin and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely mash beans with potato masher.
- Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- I add the monterey jack cheese on top and microwave for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.