This is a very old recipe that I still love to make and enjoy! Simple, cheesy and fun to eat! Great for parties!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese
- add 1 (16 ounce) can del monte original stewed tomatoes
- add 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- add 1 small onion
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- In non-stick pan, saute onions in butter till softened.
- Cube cheese and add.
- Drain half of the tomato juice and mash tomatoes, add tomatoes and rest of juice.
- Cook, stirring, til melted over low heat.
- Set aside.
- Cut top third off bread, cut top into bite-sized cubes.
- Hollow out inside leaving a 1/2" shell. Cut inside pieces into bite-sized pieces.
- Place bread bowl onto platter.
- Place bread cubes around bread bowl for dipping.
- Pour cheese sauce into bread bowl.
- *You can sub regular velveeta if desired.