I made this for breakfast yesterday. Had a wonderful creamy texture, not to mention the great cheese flavor. Increase the spices if you like hotter.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1 small onion
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 8 ounces shredded Velveeta cheese
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 (12 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 small red bell pepper
- Prepare grits according to package directions.
- Stir in Velveeta cheese until melted.
- Mix together the milk and eggs; add to the grits mixture and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and green chiles.
- Saute, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Add the onion mixture, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste to the grits mixture; stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake 5-10 more minutes.