This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I?ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add light sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- add 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- add 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- add shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- add 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky style salsa
- add 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- add 3/4 cup water
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To make corn cakes, in medium bowl combine corn muffin mix, water and egg until just blended.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Grease large nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat to get pan hot.
- Make corn cakes in batches using cup batter for each one and cooking about 2 minutes on each sides, until golden brown (You should have 12 corncakes total).
- In small saucepan stir together black beans, chicken, salsa and cumin.
- Cook over low heat just until heated through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro.
- To serve, place three corn cakes on each plate.
- Top with bean and chicken mixture.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.