This is a very rich comfort food. It works great with a nice green salad. Update: I neglected to list the cornmeal in the first posting- I think that will explain Shecancooks problem. Sorry for any negative results due to this.
- add 3 cups cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- add 4 eggs (beaten)
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- add 1 large chopped onion
- add 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- add 8 ounces green chilies
- add 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 cup melted butter
- Beat all ingrediants together except 1 c cheese.
- Place in casserole dish, and bake 325 for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and serve.