Filling, and not too spicy....great accompaniment to a bowl of chili or home-made soup
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 cup cooking oil
- add 3/4 cup diced onions
- add 1 cup whole kernel corn
- add 1 cup cream-style corn
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- add 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups cornbread mix
- add 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together just until blended well, and pour into greased 10" cast-iron skillet (or 13x9 baking dish).
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until top is deep golden-brown.