This is delicious with homemade chili. It's a favorite of mine especially because of the easy preparation.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 cup shredded cheese
- add 3 cups cornmeal
- add 1 cup milk (more or less to mix)
- add 1 small chopped onion
- add 1/2 cup self rising flour
- add 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- add 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees Mix together cornmeal, flour, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Add Mexicorn, onion, peppers, and cheese.
- You may need to add a little more milk if batter is too thick Bake in two greased iron skillets or muffin pans for approximatetly 40 min.
- until golden brown.