This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. It is the most requested thing I cook, so I am sharing it. Don't let the ingredients fool you. It's unbelievable.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup butter
- add 4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- add 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F degrees . Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2.In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- 3.In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.