This recipe is from my MIL, Rachel. She credited her sister, Betty, for this recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1-3 jalapeno pepper
- add 1 onion
- add 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- add 1/3 cup cooking oil
- add 1 cup cornmeal
- add 1 cup cream-style corn
- add 2 eggs
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Blend remaining ingredients.
- Add dry mixture.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Add cornbread batter and bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.