A great twist on traditional cornbread.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup white sugar
- add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- add 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.