This can be a good all in one pan meal if you like. We love this.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 1 can cream-style corn
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- add 2 cups cheese
- add 1 onion
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 lb lean beef
- Brown beef and onion together for about 7 minutes and add green chilis cook for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, buttermilk, eggs, soda, salt and corn stir just to mix.
- In a baking pan, put about 2 T grease and let melt in a 350F degrees oven.
- Now add 1/2 of cornmeal mixture.
- On top of that sprinkle beef mixture, then cheese, add the rest of the cornmeal mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with hot salsa and sour creme.