This recipe is very simple to make and goes well with chile. I also used it to top the Mexicali Casserole submitted to this site by cbrangel and it turned out wonderful....enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 (4 ounce) can mild chopped chilies
- add 1 onion
- add 3 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 1 cup cornmeal
- add 1/4 cup green peppers
- add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- add 1 cup grated cheese (, I use a Mexican blend)
- add 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- chop green pepper and onion and place in a small bowl.
- mix eggs and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir till mixed.
- Add the milk and stir in add the chopped vegtables,chili's, corn, garlic and cheese and stir till mixed.
- spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or till top is lightly browned.