This recipe came from my husband's grandmother. I had enjoyed it for years at her house and failed many attempts to replicate it. Finally, one day I just asked her for the recipe and she gladly shared it with me. She's gone now, I'm so happy I got the recipe from her while I could. Hope you love it as much as we do.
- add 6 pickled jalapeno peppers
- add 1 1/2 cups milk
- add 3 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- add 1 large diced onion
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- add 3 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 cup oil
- Set oven 425F degrees.
- Put 3 tablespoons each of Crisco into 2 iron skillets.
- Place them into the oven as it is pre-heating.
- Mix all ingredients together and divide batter equally between HOT skillets.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from pans to cool.
- Note: I have made this recipe using only 1/2 cup oil and it turns out just fine.