This is great served with any Mexican entree. My family just gobbles this up. Never any left over.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- add 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/3 cup chopped onions
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan or 10 inch oven-proof skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bread is golden brown and tests done.