Ohhh this is soooo good. I had this for the first time this past year while tailgating at a ND game!! Thanks to the firefighter (who came with our friend Pat) for this recipe. What a chef!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (24 ounce) jar pinto beans
- add 2 sausage links
- add 1 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- add 1 lb bacon
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- add 1 cup chipotle salsa
- add 1 medium white onion
- add 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (I like Red Gold petite diced tomatoes Mexican Feista)
- add 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- add 1 bunch cilantro
- add 6 serrano chilies
- In a large dutch oven, fry bacon and chunk into smaller pieces.Add sausage and heat through.
- Add diced onion and chilis and heat until onions are translucent.
- Add all tomatoes, salsas and beer.
- Heat until boiling.Stirring lightly to mix flavors.
- Add jar of pinto beans WITH liquid.
- Again, heat to boiling.
- Add cilantro.
- Stir to mix and serve with sour cream!