This is a great way to have your breakfast eggs and bacon.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 onion
- add flour tortillas
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 4 slices bacon
- add guacamole
- add 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh green chilies
- add 6 eggs
- add 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or plum tomatoes, broken up (drained)
- In a 10-inch frying pan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan with slotted spoon and drain.
- Add onion and garlic to bacon drippings in the pan.
- Cook until onion is soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies, salt, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Crack eggs and slowly slip into sauce, one at a time.
- Sprinkle cheese and bacon over the top.
- Cover and simmer until eggs are set, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Serve with guacamole and warmed tortillas on the side of the plate, if desired.
- Note: The sauce can be prepared a day in advance.
- Reheat and slip the eggs in just before serving.