A quick and tasty everyday hash. Eliminate jalapenos if you're not a picante lover.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3-1/2 cup of finely chopped onions
- add 1 (220 g) can pickled jalapeno peppers
- add 1-2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (to your preference)
- add 1 lb smoked bacon
- add 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder, to taste (or slightly more)
- add water
- add 2 lbs tenderized flat minute steaks
- Fry bacon-- set apart.
- In remaining bacon grease, stir-fry chopped steak.
- Process pickled jalapeños strips and carrots in blender.
- Mix fried bacon and steak.
- Add the jalapeño mixture.
- Put everything in a 1 qt capacity cooking pan.
- Add water to reach almost top of pan.
- Season with powdered chicken bouillon.
- Simmer until liquid is consumed.