Mexican food lovers heaven! A great crowd pleaser as well. Recipe could be varied with other things such as beans, corn, etc.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups green bell peppers
- add 1 package corn tortillas
- add 1 cup onions
- add 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- add 1/2 cup green chilies
- add 1 package taco seasoning
- add 2 cups salsa
- add 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- Cook meat and drain fat.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, taco seasoning, and chilies and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Grease casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup salsa mixed with soup over the bottom.
- Place a layer of tortilla strips then top with 1/2 cup meat mixture.
- Layer 1/2 cup salsa mixed with soup and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.