Great tasting & 'wow' presentation---this dip is completely devoured at every potluck or gathering! I've also made a meal of it. A bit different than the other Mexican layered dips on Recipezaar as this one uses diced avocadoes instead of guacamole. Very very good! Serve with tortilla chips or scoops.
- add 1 (1 ounce) package lawry's taco seasoning mix (or your own blend)
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- add 4 somewhat firm avocados
- add 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- add cilantro, chopped (optional for garnish)
- add 2 cups green onions
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 2 cups tomatoes
- add 2 cups cheddar cheese
- add 6 ounces chopped black olives
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 (15 ounce) can spicy refried beans
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- In a 13 x 9-inch glass serving dish, spread the refried beans.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and seasoning mix. Spread this on top of the beans.
- Put on a layer of the chopped green chiles (both cans).
- Mix together the diced avocadoes, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder. Spread this on top of the green chiles.
- Mix together the shredded cheese, green onions, chopped tomatoes and chopped olives. Sprinkle this on top. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips (I like the scoops). Enjoy!