Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"'I love to experiment with all kinds of recipes,' relates Debra Jane Webb of Muskogee, Oklahoma. A dash of chili powder gives her meat loaf fun Mexican flavor that's complemented by zesty picante sauce poured over the top."
- add 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- add 3/4 cup milk
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- add 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- add 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- add 2 eggs, beaten
- add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until juices run clear; drain. Top with warm picante sauce.