This was a big hit at my last party! Some guests were spooning salsa on it before eating, but most loved it plain. Prep and cook times approximate.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese (1 pound)
- add 2 cups cottage cheese
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 8-12 ounces canned chopped mild green chilies
- add 10 eggs
- add 1 dash salt
- Melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add melted butter, leaving the pan buttered.
- Add chiles and cheeses.
- Mix together and pour into baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a knife.
- Be sure quiche is set and knife blade comes out clean, when inserted in center.
- Cut into bite size squares while hot, but allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- This may be baked and frozen; reheat covered with foil.