A scrumptious variation to the classical "arroz con leche".
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup cajeta caramel sauce (bottled Mexican caramel sauce available in Mexican food stores)
- add 2 strips cinnamon bark (not complete rolls)
- add 2 cups milk
- add 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- add 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Soak rice in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and place in a cooking pot.
- Add milk and cinnamon.
- Simmer on stovetop until rice is well cooked.
- Discard liquid by sieving.
- Reserve rice.
- Heat the"cajeta" on a double boiler until it thins somewhat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from stovetop and add the chopped nuts.
- Incorporate cajeta and nut mixture to the rice.