This easy salsa/salad is great with fajitas or on it's own as a salad. This is a recipe I tweaked from one that I found in Sunset Magazine.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 lb fresh tomatillos
- add 1 1/2-2 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeno chiles
- add 3/4 lb tomatoes
- add 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 3/4 cup chopped white onions
- add salt
- add 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Remove and discard husks from the tomatillos; rinse, chop and put into a bowl.
- Rinse and core the tomatoes, chop and add to tomatillos.
- Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno to tomatillo/tomato mixture.
- Mix gently and add salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled meats, such as fajitas or is good on it's own as a salad.