Servs: 1 Prep:
Active time: 20 min Start to finish: 40 min
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 12 large shrimp (1/2 lb)
- add 1 small garlic clove, minced
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1/2 California avocadoGarnish: lime wedges
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- add 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- Cook shrimp in boiling salted
- water, stirring occasionally, until
- just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Drain, cool, and then shell, leaving
- tail shells attached if desired. Chill until cold, at least 15 minutes.
- Stir together tomatoes, scallion, garlic, lemon and lime juices, salt, and pepper.
- Just before serving, finely dice avocado and stir into tomato salsa. Spoon salsa into 4 serving dishes and arrange shrimp and lime on top.
- Cooks' note:
- Salsa can be made 1 hour ahead and kept at room temperature. Add avocado at last minute.