Celebrate the Spring season & Cinco de Mayo with this great shrimp recipe. Make a grand entrance at your next special event with this one of a kind dish. It's easy to prepare and will put everyone in a festive party mood!
- add 1 (6.8-ounce) package Spanish rice and vermicelli mix
- add 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- add 2 cups water
- add 1 (14 1/2 -ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- add 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- add 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- add 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- add 2 tablespoons ripe olives, sliced
- add 2 tablespoons tortilla chips, crushed
- add 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- add 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- add 1 jar picante sauce
- Sauté rice in margarine in a large skillet until golden, stirring frequently. Slowly add water, seasoning packet from rice, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp, zucchini, corn and olives; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and rice is tender. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with chips, cheese and onion. Serve with picante sauce.