Instant family favorite. Adapted this recipe from one of our favorite dishes at a local Mexican restaurant. Simple and delicious. Suits everyone as you can spice the dish up or tone it down. Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon thyme
- add 2 jalapeno peppers
- add 2 cups sour cream
- add 1 cup fresh cilantro
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1/2 cupped chopped green onion (any sweet or mild onion will do)
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- add 2 small roma tomatoes, chopped (canned work, I prefer fresh)
- add 3-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- add 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- add 1 teaspoon oregano
- add 3 boneless chicken breasts
- add 4-6 cups rice
- add 1 cup sliced sliced sliced sliced red green and yellow peppers (fresh or frozen, both work well)
- add 4-6 large flour tortillas
- add 1 teaspoon cumin
- add 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- add 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, brown in olive oil til cooked thoroughly.
- Drain excess oil and return chicken to pan. Add cilantro, peppers, beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. Simmer for about 10mins, stirring all ingredients occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spoon ¼ to ½ cup of chicken and bean mix onto the tortilla wrap. Do not overfill your wrap. Add ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese to top of mix. Fold tortilla wrap like an envelope, with the sides last. Place seam side down on lightly greased 13x22x33 casserole dish. Repeat with remaining wraps. Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese over wraps, heat in oven until cheese is lightly melted. Serve with rice,salsa and sour cream.
- Recipe can be spiced up according to cooks taste. Some like it hot, some like it mild. Recipe can also be scaled down based on amount of people you are serving.
- The fresh cilantro makes a huge difference. Do not substitute dried as it will significantly alter the taste.