I love Mexican Food! This is a tasty little side dish served at restaurants such as Chi Chi's, El Torito, and Chevy's Fresh Mex. This is more like a corn pudding, but I have known others to fry the dough into a pancake. Masa Harina, one of the ingredients, means corn flour. I have found it at major grocery chains or you can find it at a store that specializes in Hispanic foods. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch , and dinner.
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 5 tablespoons cold water (may add more to reach consitency of cookie dough)
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1/2 cup masa harina
- add 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- add 2 tablespoons shortening
- add 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Whip butter and shortening in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add Masa harina slowly and mix thoroughly.
- Add water until cookie dough consistency and mix.
- Blend in corn kernels.
- Mix cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, baking powder, and salt separately in a large bowl.
- Add masa harina mixture and mix until blended.
- Grease an 8x10 square pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Cover pan with foil and bake.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 350 until it is consistency of custard.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- May serve with an ice cream scoop or cut into squares.
- You may use a food processor and add ingredients as specified above.