This is a filling for an open-faced sandwich. The recipe is from "New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 medium zucchini
- add 3 carrots
- add 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- add salt
- add cayenne
- add additional tomato juice
- add 2 cups corn
- add 1 green pepper
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 2 cups undrained canned tomatoes
- add 2 cups onions
- In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cover, and saute for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining vegetables and seasonings and cook on low heat until vegetables are just tender.
- The mixture should be saucy; add more tomato juice if necessary.
- Serve over hot corn bread and top with sour cream or cheese.