Didn't want to change the title - sounds lovely in Italian, and the soup is too wonderful to call anything else! Remarkaby easy recipe for a dish that is so company-worthy. For those in need of a translation - it's an onion soup with Gorgonzola and prosciutto (told you it sounded better in Italian ;-) ).
- add 4 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- add 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- add 3 lbs onions
- add 1 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add 1 1/2 cups diced prosciutto
- add 1 cup croutons
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add 1 1/2 cups gorgonzola
- add 1 cup dry marsala wine
- add 5 cups chicken stock
- add 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 4 garlic cloves
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven set on medium high and heat till sizzling, about 2 minutes; add the onions, parsley, garlic, thyme, basil, sage, red pepper flakes and 1/2 the prosciutto; cook for 12 minutes till the juices released by the onions have almost cooked away and are
- beginning to turn brown; stir in the flour and cook for 5 minutes to continue browning the onions; pour in the Marsala and 1/2 of the gorgonzola and cook for 2 minutes; add the stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and top with remaining prosciutto and gorgonzola and croutons.