I found this recipe on the internet to make cookies with a bag of mini M&M's. I liked that it has oatmeal in it which make them a bit more chewy than your average cookie. You can also substitude chocolate chips if you don't have M&M's.
- add 2 cups oatmeal (either quick or long cook)
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1/2 cup shortening
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature M&M baking bits
- add 1/2 cup margarine
- In a large bowl, mix together sugars, shortening, margarine, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl a cup at a time until it is mixed together completely.
- Open bag of M&M baking bits and pour out 1/3 cup to reserve for later.Add the rest of the chips and fold into batter.
- Chill cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Later, preheat oven to 350 degrees.On ungreased cookie sheets, or using parchment paper on cookie sheets, drop dough by spoonfuls with room for spreading.
- Take 2 or 3 of the reserve M&M's and place on top of each cookie.This way, some clearly show after the cookie bakes.
- Bake in 350 oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove cookies from sheet and place on cooling rack.